Saturday, August 23, 2008

Puppy update

A quick update on "Crumpet". Also known as "Pumpkin", "Biscuit" and "Puppy". After posting signs in the neighborhood with no response, calling the local shelters, vets and SPCA to check if anyone is missing this puppy, we ended up taking her to a shelter. The man who took her in said she looked like a purebred Rottweiler. My question was "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He responded that being a puppy is always good- they get adopted all the time. And being a purebred is good too. My concern was her well-being, and that's why we decided to give her to the shelter. I needed to be realistic about the time and energy it would take to have another big dog here. The organization was pretty sure she'd get adopted, especially with her great disposition and good behavior. I'll be checking up on her online to see when she gets adopted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy:
Cute puppy! I'm sure it will be adopted looking like that!

I thought I'd try to comment again - we'll see if it works this time.